7 CHARLESBANK ROAD, APT. 3
NEWTON, MA, O2158-1733
TEL/FAX: (617) 558-0695
Sept.1997 to Present
PROFESSOR, Art Institute of Boston, Boston, MA
- Traditional illustration courses taught include: Anatomy/figure studio, Media Techniques and Drawing for Illustration.
- Technology courses taught include: Web Design and Fractal Painter on Mac. platform.
- Coordinator for Student galleries.
- Curriculum Advisor to over 30 students.
1990 to May 1997
INSTRUCTOR, School Of Visual Arts, New York, N.Y.
- Drawing Instructor for media department. Directed classes in the subjects of illustration and figure drawing for illustration in a lecture/studio format.
- Additionally contracted for the last three years as a portfolio advisor for graduating seniors. Instructed printmaking workshops for the media department's etching as illustration class.
- Guest lecturer at Parsons and Suffolk Community College.
1989 to Present
ILLUSTRATOR, New York, N.Y.
- Called upon by editors and art directors on a freelance basis to submit sketches for editorial articles. Upon approval, finishes are completed in advance of tight publication deadlines.
- Contributor to the N.Y. Times OpEd. page, The Washington Post Opinion section, The Wallstreet Journal, L.A.Times, Boston Globe, and The Chronicle of Higher Education. Commissioned illustrations are also licensed to INX at United Features Syndicate and Spots on the SpotTM. Magazine Commissions include New Yorker, Bostonia, Pulse, Business Week, Mirabella, Paper, The Journal of Art, Fortune Magazine, The Columbia Law Journal and The National Law Journal.
- Computer background with Macintosh platform hardware and software. Extensive knowledge of the Photoshop 4.0, Freehand 7.0, PageMaker 6.5 and Fractal Painter programs. Highly skilled at the use of WACOM drawing tablets for illustration.
- Conversant in many traditional graphic media and technique including: Pen and ink, Acrylic, Oils, Airbrush, Gouache, Printmaking, Watercolor and Calligraphy.
- 1993-94 Society of Newspaper Designers, 13th and 14th Annuals, Awards of Excellence
- 1992-93 Society of Publication Designers, 28th and 29th Annuals
- MFA: School of Visual Arts 1989, Illustration Department, N.Y.C.
- Diploma: Alberta College of Art and Design 1987, Visual Communications Department, Calgary, AB, Canada.
- 1993 Pratt Institute, INX-Firing Lines, New York.
- 1991 New York City Atrium, Collecting the Familiar, New York.
- 1989 80 Washington Square East Galleries, Small Works, New York.